The electronic filing system is simple and easy to use. Hardware and software requirements are minimal and inexpensive.
- A personal computer running a standard operating system (Windows XP or higher, Macintosh).
- An Internet connection.
- Firefox 3.5 and Internet Explorer 7 or higher.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.0 or higher (Acrobat Writer 5.0 or above is required for creating PDF documents).
- A 300 dpi scanner (optional) for imaging documents which do not exist in electronic format.
- Attorneys must be admitted to practice in the District.
- Attorneys must register in advance before filing electronically to obtain an Identification Name and Password that serve as the attorney's signature for purposes of Fed. R. Civ. P. 11 for documents that are filed electronically.