Attorney Lounge Reservations
Members of the Delaware Bar may submit a reservation request for one of the six small attorney lounges located on the 2nd, 4th and 6th floors in the J. Caleb Boggs Federal Building, 844 N. King Street. These rooms are typically used for meetings, breaks and lunches and will accommodate up to 8 or 9 persons.
To discuss reservation procedures please call the Clerk's Office Help Desk at 302-573-6170.
All new reservation requests, as well as changes or cancellations regarding an existing reservation must be submitted via e-mail to: AttorneyLounge@ded.uscourts.gov.
- An Attorney Lounge may be reserved on a first-come, first-served basis, for use between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:00 PM on court business days. Preference will be given to attorneys/firms participating in a TRIAL. In order to accommodate multiple trials and opposing counsel, reservations are restricted to one room per side.
- The attorney who reserved the lounge or their designated representative must sign for their lounge key at the Intake Help Desk, Room 4209. Keys must be returned to the Help Desk by the end of each daily reservation, not later than 4:00 PM. When a reserved room is going to remain in use after 4:00 PM, the room may be left unlocked to allow entry, however the key must be turned into the Clerk's office before 4:00 PM daily.
- To make a new reservation, change or cancel an existing one, submit a Reservation/Change/Cancellation request form (click HERE) via e-mail attachment, to AttorneyLounge@ded.uscourts.gov. The reservation form is easily completed as a fill-in form and saved in pdf format for attachment to your e-mail request. You will receive a confirmation e-mail from a member of the Intake Help Desk staff.
- Reservations may be made up to six months in advance and should be amended if changes are required or cancelled if no longer needed.
- When available, one of the small attorney lounges (2nd, 4th and 6th floors) may also be used without a formal reservation, on a “walk-in” basis, via the Intake/Help Desk.
- Boxes, papers, perishable food items and/or personal belongings must be removed at the end of each day. There are no accommodations for overnight storage of equipment or personal belongings, even when the same lounge is reserved for consecutive days.
Third Floor Attorney Lounge
The Third Floor Attorney Lounge, Room 3019, is provided as an added convenience to Attorneys working in the Courthouse. It is expected that those using the room will maintain it in a responsible manner.
- The Third Floor Attorney Lounge is open to Members of the Delaware Bar.
- The Lounge will be open daily from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM.
- The Lounge CANNOT be reserved by a single party in a proceeding, however, the Lounge may be reserved for special use at the discretion of the Clerk of Court.
- Food and beverages of any kind are prohibited in the Lounge. The building has a snack bar located on the first floor.
- The Lounge will be monitored throughout the day.
- All personal items must be removed from the Lounge at the end of each day.
- Inquiries regarding the 3rd floor attorney lounge should be directed to the Clerk’s Office Help Desk, Room 4209, (302) 573-6170.