Born February 9, 1904, in Wilmington, DE
Died July 3, 1966
Federal Judicial Service:
U. S. District Court, District of Delaware
Nominated by Franklin D. Roosevelt on December 23, 1941, to a seat vacated by John P. Nields; Confirmed by the Senate on January 7, 1942, and received commission on January 14, 1942. Served as Chief Judge, 1948-1957. Assumed senior status on October 7, 1957. Service terminated on July 3, 1966, due to death.
University of Delaware, B.S., 1926
University of Pennsylvania Law School, LL.B., 1929
Private practice, Wilmington, Delaware, 1929-1942